I've been wanting to get this going for a long time now. A weekly Steel Drum Party where you and I can get together on line and you can see what I am up to, I can try out new material and new technology, and, most importantly, we can colaborate together as a group on a piece of audio art.
There are so many technical challenges! I am up to it though, and I know you are too. I need to do at least one soft launch of the weekly, virtual Steel Drum Party before I publicize it more broadly. Believe it or not, I and those helping me, need to practice mundane things like hosting the meeting on Zoom, a sign up proceedure so we don't get any unpleasant Zoom bombing, etc.
So, if you have 1/2 hour, or just part of that 1/2 hour, at 4pm tomorrow, Sunday, June 6th, please join the virtual party! Here is what to do:
1. Please let us know by submitting your email in the above form if you are planning to attend.
2. If you provide your email above we will send you the Zoom link about 4 hours before the show.
3. When you enter everyone will be muted. If you want to make a comment you can do so in Zoom's chat function. If you want to volunteer for something please use the raise hand function and I will call on you.
4. I will ask for audio input from you, the audience, at some point during the show. If you want to volunteer, please use the raise hand button. If I call on you we will ask you to unmut your audio so you can share your awesome sounds!
5. Limbo stick on hand for our regular parade at the end!
Tomorrow's show, Sunday June 6th, will likely include some or all of the following:
Music of Harry Belafonte
Music of Jimmy Buffett
Music of Perez Prado
Recycled Sounds from Ian
Music of South Africa
Your Best African Animal Sounds!
It's going to be fun! I hope to see you there.